- "Guantanamo is still open, but there are no longer "enemy combatants" there (Perhaps the name of the camp can be changed next?).
- The old campaign snicker that a naïve McCain really believed that a then-stronger economy is "fundamentally sound" is now the new Obama gospel about a far weaker one.
- There are to be no more earmarks in spite of 8,000-plus new ones.
- A $3.6 trillion-dollar budget is proof of commitment to financial responsibility;
- the remedy of Bush’s borrowing profligacy is to increase the deficit from $500 billion to $1.7 trillion.
- Bush’s signing statements bad; Obama’s signing statements good.
- An end to lobbyists in an administration ensure there are over ten;
- the highest ethical standards mean the nominations of Daschle, Richardson, etc. The changing meaning of words really does trump memory and reality itself."
~ Victor David Hanson